One Day Cycle Walter Peak Start - Guided
About this Ride
Cruise across Lake Wakatipu on board the TSS Earnslaw vintage steamship to Walter Peak and join our small group guided cycling tour. On arrival you will be met by one of our experienced guides. You'll be fitted up with your bike before you'll set off along the beautiful Lake Wakatipu lakeside for a warm up ride. Depending upon your fitness you will ride and drive by van to Mavora Lakes and return.
Along the way you'll cycle along a quiet country road through beautiful tussock high country and enjoy stunning views of the Von River, surrounding mountains and snow covered Mount Earnslaw at the head of Lake Wakatipu. The group is accompanied by a van with cycle trailer enabling you to cycle as much or as little as you choose.
You will visit an authentic working musterer's hut (Walter Peak Station's Whiteburn Hut) for lunch and and cycle past the Old Nic Hut (Mt Nicholas Station) and learn all about the neighbouring high country farm stations. On arrival back at Walter Peak we visit the Colonel’s Homestead before boarding the TSS Earnslaw for the return cruise back to Queenstown.
- Includes cruise aboard the vintage steamship TSS Earnslaw
- Group size limited to 9 per guide
- Picnic lunch, hot drinks, afternoon tea, bikes, bus and guide included
- 3 - 4 hours leisurely cycling (15-35 kms depending on fitness)
- Quiet back country road through mostly gently rolling terrain
- Moderate fitness required
- Suitable for children 10 years and over
- Season: Nov - mid April, daily departures at 10am
- Duration: 7 hrs 30 mins
- Check-in bike fitting: 1 hour prior to departure
- Prices from: $235 adult (15+) $115 child (10-14)
This guided cycling adventure is proudly brought to you by Around The Mountains Cycle Trail and Real Journeys as a joint-venture operation.