Southland is renowned for its remarkable hiking tracks that venture into wild and rugged landscapes, so there is no better way to get amongst it all. There is a huge range available catering to many different abilities, so it is important that you select a walk that best suits your skills.
Some of the best hiking spots include:
- Rakiura Track, Stewart Island
- Tuatapere Hump Ridge Track, Tuatapere
- Up north into the beech forests of Waikaia Forest and Mavora Lakes
- River Wisp Loop Track, The Catlins
- Bluff, the beginning of Te Araroa, New Zealand's national walkway
For further information visit southlandnz.com