There are plenty of activities in Southland to keep the whole family entertained which are affordable, or even free. Visit southlandnz.com for all the information on the many parks in the region which include children’s playgrounds, short walks, and gardens.
A selection of activities the whole family will enjoy:
- Take on the climbing wall challenge at ILT Stadium Southland
- Play in the surf or make a sandcastle at Oreti Beach, Riverton Rocks or Colac Bay
- Try horse trekking on the beach in The Catlins or Invercargill
- Explore on bikes in Dolamore Park or the Hokonui Hills
- Go camping at Curio Bay, Monkey Island, Cosy Nook or Fortrose