Arts & Heritage
Thanks to the rich history and the story of Southland is told throughout the region by combining the physical environment, the people and the culture.
- Visit Te Hikoi "Southern Journey" Heritage Museum in Riverton
- Explore Southland's 8 Heritage Trails
- Visit the many museums throughout the region - Bluff Maritime Museum, Hokonui Moonshine Museum, and the small town museums of Waikaia, Mataura, Waikawa, Otautau and Wyndham
The region also has a rich arts industry and is fortunate to have many museums and aqrt galleries, housing collectionms from both local and international artists.
- Galleries throughout the region include Southland Museum and Art Gallery, Winton Art Gallery and the Eastern Southland Art Gallery
- Discover the variety of outdoor art - keep an eye out for the brown trout, the umbrella, the whale tail, and the giant paua to name a few
- Check out the wonderful array of events held throughout the year, such as Shakespeare, Matariki, Pacifica and Buskers festivals
For more information see southlandnz.com